Public Health & Safety UpdatesAll the information you need to visit Ameristar Casino Council Bluffs. We will continue to add information as it becomes available, please check back often.
Statement by Paul Czak, Vice President & General Manager, on the Reopening of the Ameristar Casino Hotel Council Bluffs
"While the amenities our customers have come to know and love may be somewhat limited for the time being, the ability to safely welcome back our team members and guests remains our top priority. With this in mind, we have been working closely with the Iowa Racing and Gaming Commission, state and local leaders, and public health officials to finalize comprehensive Phase I reopening protocols and new health and safety precautions. Our returning team members will be trained on these procedures and our guests will see reminder signage about them throughout the property. These new protocols include, but are not limited to, the following:
- The installation of floor decals and signage to strictly enforce social distancing guidelines in areas where lines typically form.
- Live music, entertainment, convention, and banquet services will remain suspended.
- Heritage Buffet will remain closed.
- The Gift Shop and valet will also be closed.
- The pool and hot tub are open daily.
- The hotel is now open for booking with limited availability.
Health & Safety
- Masks are not required for individuals who are fully vaccinated, but are still strongly encouraged for those who are not vaccinated. Masks are available upon request at the casino entrance.
- Slot machines will be thoroughly and regularly cleaned throughout the day.
- Sanitizer stations will be installed on the casino floor and be readily available throughout the facility.
- Hotel rooms will be cleaned, as well as fogged with disinfectant, after each guests checks out.
- We will run fog machines to disinfect and sanitize slot machines throughout the day.
We are grateful for the overwhelming support, patience, and understanding from our customers through these unprecedented times."